Jordi started his career in 2011 as a lawyer at Linklaters LLP in Amsterdam, where he specialised in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions. He advises companies and private equity firms on a wide range of issues, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructurings, disclosure requirements and corporate governance.
In addition to Jordi’s broad experience with private mergers and acquisitions, he has also been involved in multiple public takeover bids in which he advised bidders or target companies in relation to Dutch public takeover rules and the role and responsibilities of directors.
Between September 2016 and February 2017, Jordi was seconded to Linklaters’s office in Madrid, Spain, from where he managed and coordinated a complex multi-jurisdictional transaction.
After leaving Linklaters LLP in February 2018, Jordi worked as a contract lawyer for a number of international law firms and a large multinational corporation. In October 2019, Jordi co-founded w+o advocaten with Anouk Oosterom.
Highlights of Jordi’s experience and transactions of significance in which he has been involved include advising:
- a Dutch family office on setting up the acquisition structure for their buy and build strategy in the healthcare sector
- a Dutch media group on the sale of its puzzle and braintainment activities
- a Swedish security technology company on the acquisition of its principal distributor in the Netherlands
- a British petrol station operator on the acquisition of an operator in the Netherlands
- a German agricultural company on the acquisition of an interest in a Dutch importer of agricultural machinery
- a Belgian media group on its public takeover bid for the largest Dutch media group
- the underwriters on the re-IPO of a Dutch financial institution
- a US private equity fund on the acquisition of the European operations of a multinational office retail company
- a Japanese conglomerate on its public takeover bid for a Dutch staffing company.
Leiden University, LL.M. (Company Law)