- This is the privacy and cookie statement of w+o advocaten (the “Statement”), based at Sluisgracht 20, 7941 BW in Meppel. This Statement sets out the personal data processing activities conducted by w+o advocaten.
- Privacy is very important to w+o advocaten. By means of this Statement we explain what happens with personal data provided to and collected by us. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, for example name, address and e-mail address, but for example also IP addresses. Personal data is collected and processed by w+o advocaten in accordance with this Statement and the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation EU 2016/679).
- This Statement was last updated on  April 2020. w+o advocaten may change the Statement by amending this page. We therefore recommend you checking this page from time to time.
- Collection of personal data
- w+o advocaten collects and processes personal data pursuant to (i) the execution of agreements, (ii) legitimate interest and (iii) compliance with legal obligations.
- We collect and process personal data of our clients or their employees, director(s), (indirect) shareholder(s) and/or other affiliated persons (i) to the extent this is required pursuant to applicable law and regulations, (ii) to the extent this is required for the execution of our engagement and/or (iii) to the extent you have agreed thereto. In that case, we may collect the following data: name, date of birth and copy of the passport. This personal data is kept in accordance with the statutory retention periods.
- We collect and process names and (professional) email addresses of contact persons of our business relations, such as clients and suppliers. This may concern name, business e-mail address, business telephone number and company address. We collect this data for the purpose of the provision of our advisory services and for sending incidental newsletters, updates on laws and regulations, office announcements and invitations to our events. We keep this personal data for as long as required to provide our services.
- We collect and process personal data submitted to us in connection with a job application. In the event a candidate is not hired, we delete the personal data after a period of one month, unless we have the candidate’s consent to keep the personal data on file for a longer period of time in order to contact such candidate in the future with regard to job openings.
- Third parties
- w+o advocaten shares personal data with third parties engaged by us in connection with the provision of our services, such as other law firms, notaries and tax advisors, to the extent required for the provision of our services. To the extent required, w+o advocaten shares personal data with other parties relevant for the services provided by us, such as counterparties, courts, and governmental authorities. In connection with the provision of our [legal] services it may be required to share personal data with recipients outside of the European Economic Area. In such case, w+o advocaten shall ensure that such transfer of personal data complies with applicable laws and regulations.
- w+o advocaten shares personal data with third party service providers, such as hosting and cloud service providers. Only personal data required for the provision of our services is shared with these service providers.
- Third parties with whom personal data is shared by w+o advocaten are themselves responsible for such personal data, including for compliance with applicable laws on data protection. w+o advocaten is not responsible or liable for processing of personal data by such third parties. If a third party processes personal data as a processor for w+o advocaten, w+o advocaten will enter into a processing agreement with such third party.
- Employees have access to personal data, to the extent required for the performance of their tasks. All employees of w+o advocaten are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- Security measures
This Procedure is published on https://www.wo-legal.nl. Prior to entering into an engagement with a Client, the Advocaat shall inform the client that the Firm uses a complaints procedure and that this Procedure applies to any and all services provided to that Client.
- Your rights
Each individual whose personal data is processed by w+o advocaten has certain rights. Please find below a list of rights which may be relevant for you:
(i) You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your personal data.
(ii) You can ask for access to your personal data.
(iii) You can ask to correct your personal data if the personal data is factually incorrect.
(iv) You can ask us to delete your personal data.
(v) You can ask us to restrict how we use your personal data.
(vi) You have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority, Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, in the Netherlands.
- This website only makes use of functional and analytical cookies. Functional cookies are cookies required to make the website functional. In addition, w+o advocaten uses analytical cookies (Google Analytics) that measure the quality and functionality of the website. These analytical cookies do not process any personal data; only statistical information. This website does not use any advertising or tracking cookies.
If you have any questions about your personal data being processed by w+o advocaten, please feel free to contact our privacy officer at email@example.com.